Mittwoch, 13. März 2013

THIS IS THE LITTLE YOUNG GIRL LIVING IN THE V.N. COMMUNIST REGIME.


Ever Since You Came

(You means Ho Chi Minh's thugs)

(Translated from Vietnamese by Anne)

Before you guys arrived in here
I was not even born yet
Mom walked to school each morning
Rosy cheeks, a sweet sixteen

After you came, suddenly one day
Grandpa was persecuted and imprisoned
Every night Grandma shed mournful tears
Mom felt sullen -- her innocence was lost

Two years passed from the day you came
On a wintry morning which shrouded in mist
Armed with guns, you came knocking at our door
And whisked Mom away to a labor camp

After one month, Mom returned home
Nothing but skin and bones
Embracing Grandma, she wept:
They raped me, Ma, gang-raped and all!

And so I was born, a fatherless child
Grandma passed away, leaving Mom penniless
Mom scraped a living to support me
Dad was all the while anybody's guess!

Eighteen years after you came
We went totally broke
Mom died of a terminal illness
Now then, what's left but my own body to trade?

Almost twenty years after you came
At sixteen, my body withered -- hardly a dish
I toiled from dawn to dusk
In return just for a loaf of bread!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen